Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And the preacher said.....

............."Do as I say, not as I do !"
Conflicting motivations (wanting to train but happily obligated to a new business), deterents that needn't be (cold weather- why would that deter me from swimming indoors), a gap in vigilance (sleeping through my morning run) and simply biting off more than I can chew (poor planning/time management) add up to 2 missed workouts in the span of 12 hours.

Training has been going well and I am pleased, given the fact that it's early Feb. That doesnt ease the guilt when you are sitting here typing on your blog and the rest of your peers are stroking at Excel. Especially, after missing the Wed morning group run earlier today.

I DID get in a killer CTS podcast trainer ride this morning (when I finally got moving) but it doesnt ease the fact that I swim like a rock and need the pool time.

'Swami clients, dont let this be you! Stay on task. Keep your focus. Long warm days will be here soon enough and you want to be fit when they get here. Eye of the Tiger, Thousand Points of Lights, yada yada yada.

Until next time,
Swami




3 comments:

  1. Sir. Yes Sir. Just remember, a wise man once said, "It ain't about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get it. How much you can take and keep movin' forward! That's how Winning is done!" That man, Rocky Balboa. A great American....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was posted by Jase BTW....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you last nite, seesh! It looked a lot like last weeks work out, fast/easy, fast/easy but I'm kicking again...almost, yeah! Oh, oh and I 'ran' for 15 minutes yeseterday, even better.

    ReplyDelete